Seventh Wimbledon title will be ‘very special’
London: Tennis ace Roger Federer has said that winning the seventh Wimbledon title will be a very special moment of his life.
Federer said that he wants to equal the record of seven Wimbledon title wins by the legendary Pete Sampras.
“Winning any Wimbledon title is great, and I have already got six, which is amazing, especially as I won my sixth in such dramatic fashion against Andy Roddick a couple of years ago. But winning seven and going level with Pete (Sampras) would be so special. Pete was always my hero when I was growing up” A newspaper quoted Federer as saying.
A seventh Wimbledon title would represent a crowning moment in Federer’s sparkling career, and he is adamant Sampras would not be raging if his record was equaled.
“I don’t think anyone is ever happy when someone equals or breaks your records, but Pete is at peace with what he achieved in the game, and if anyone is going to equal or break your record, you will prefer it to be someone you get along with” Federer said.
Federer is currently ranked on the third spot in the latest ATP rankings. He has won a record five ATP world tour finals, 17 ATP Masters Series tournaments.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan