Sex scandal result of HI`s loose administration: Pargat
New Delhi: Former captain Pargat Singh
reckons that the sex scandal that rocked Indian women`s
hockey, involving coach MK Kauchik, could have been avoided if
a strong administrative set up had been in place.
Pargat was of the view that the scandal occurred only
because of admintrative lapses and the problem further
compounded because of Hockey India`s unprofessional handling
of the matter.
"Everything happened because of loose administration and
later Hockey India handled the matter in a childish manner.
They were not at all professional in their approach," said the
former India full-back, who is contesting for the president`s
post against Vidya Stokes in Wednesday`s HI election.
"I feel the Indian Olympic Association should have taken
up the matter instead of Hockey India. A redressal cell,
comprising an independent person with a legal mind should have
been set up to take note of the players` complaints," he
Indian hockey plunged into a crisis last week when a
fringe player Ranjita Devi sent a written complaint to Hockey
India, alleging sexual harassment against coach Kaushik.
In her complaint, Ranjita alleged that Kaushik had asked
for sexual favours and used vulgar language during a recent
Canada and China tour.
Even though he resigned from the job, Kaushik maintained
that he was innocent and was a victim of conspiracy.
HI also sacked videographer Basavraj whose photographs
with prostitutes during the recent Canada and China tour were
also sent to the national body through an anonymous e-mail.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Know how much sex is enough for happiness
- Swaragini: Ragini gets caught in her own trap; Swara slaps her
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Shah Rukh Khan tweets about new ‘Dilwale’ song
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed