SFIO has filed case against Raju, others: Khurshid
New Delhi: The Serious Fraud Investigation
Ofice (SFIO) on Monday filed a case against accused Ramalinga Raju
and others in the Satyam case in a Hyderabad court, Corporate
Affairs Minister Salman Khurshid said.
"SFIO on Monday filed complaint petition before a special
magistrate judge for economic offenses in Hyderabad," Khurshid
told reporters on the sidelines of a CII event here.
The government had asked the investigating agency SFIO to
initiate prosecution proceedings against those involved in
Satyam accounting fraud and partners of Price Waterhouse, the
auditors of the IT company.
SFIO, an arm of the Corporate Affairs Ministry, had
investigated the Satyam accounting fraud and submitted its
reports to the government detailing violations of company law
by founder chairman B Ramalinga Raju and others.
Khurshid also added, "We have done our job now it`s the
enforcement directorate and the IRS who are left to file their
SFIO, sources said, would initiate proceedings on about
30 charges mostly under the Companies Act 1956.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested