Shab-E-Barat Special: Chana Daal Halwa
The celebrations of Shab-E-Barat are incomplete without sweets and delicacies. Treat your family and friends with this delicious halwa.
1 cup channa dal
1 cups sugar
1 cup khoya
50 g pistachios
20 cardamom`s seeds, crushed
50 g almonds
1\12 cup ghee
Drain the soaked daal and wash well. Place it in a saucepan, add water and boil until tender.
The grind it into a smooth paste.
Heat oil in a heavy- bottomed saucepan. Add cardamom seeds.
Add lentil, sugar and khoya and stir continuously, fry the mixture until ghee is first absorbed by lentil and then released.
The halva is ready when ghee begins to separate and color changes to brown. Serve hot or cold.
It can also be stored for a number of days.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report
- Safa Baig: What you need to know about Irfan Pathan's lady love