Shab-E-Barat Special: Chana Daal Halwa
The celebrations of Shab-E-Barat are incomplete without sweets and delicacies. Treat your family and friends with this delicious halwa.
1 cup channa dal
1 cups sugar
1 cup khoya
50 g pistachios
20 cardamom`s seeds, crushed
50 g almonds
1\12 cup ghee
Drain the soaked daal and wash well. Place it in a saucepan, add water and boil until tender.
The grind it into a smooth paste.
Heat oil in a heavy- bottomed saucepan. Add cardamom seeds.
Add lentil, sugar and khoya and stir continuously, fry the mixture until ghee is first absorbed by lentil and then released.
The halva is ready when ghee begins to separate and color changes to brown. Serve hot or cold.
It can also be stored for a number of days.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head