Shab-E-Barat Special: Chana Daal Halwa
The celebrations of Shab-E-Barat are incomplete without sweets and delicacies. Treat your family and friends with this delicious halwa.
1 cup channa dal
1 cups sugar
1 cup khoya
50 g pistachios
20 cardamom`s seeds, crushed
50 g almonds
1\12 cup ghee
Drain the soaked daal and wash well. Place it in a saucepan, add water and boil until tender.
The grind it into a smooth paste.
Heat oil in a heavy- bottomed saucepan. Add cardamom seeds.
Add lentil, sugar and khoya and stir continuously, fry the mixture until ghee is first absorbed by lentil and then released.
The halva is ready when ghee begins to separate and color changes to brown. Serve hot or cold.
It can also be stored for a number of days.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!