Shab-E-Barat Special: Sooji Ka Halwa
Enjoy the fervor of Shab-E-Barat by cooking this lip smacking halwa at home.
1 cup semolina (sooji)
3/4 cup sugar
3 cups water
2 tablespoons raisins
1/4 teaspoon cardamom seed
1/2 cup ghee
In a pan add water and sugar. Boil it till the water dries up into half.
Turn off the heat & add the raisons (kish mish) in it. This would be yr sheera.
In a separate pan warm up the ghee on medium high and add cardamom seeds and semolina (sooji) in it. Keep on stirring it till the semolina turns a bit darker or golder brown. Note u can not leave the semolina unattended now since it can stick in the pan & burn up easily.
Stir fry it for 10 minutes.
Now add the sugar water & cook it for 6-7 mins on high.
Once the water dries up & the semolina puffs a little bit cover the pan & let it simmer for another 5 minutes.
Take out in a serving dish. Sprinkle some chopped dry fruits.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred