Shah Rukh Khan fed up of IPL controversy
New Delhi: Bollywood superstar Shah Rukh Khan is tired of being under the Shiv Sena scanner for his stand on Pakistani players in the Indian Premier League (IPL), and says now he is hoping that all ends well.
"(I) hope all turns out well. Hate altercations and misunderstandings - tired of interpretations of this whole undesired and sad affair," Shah Rukh posted on micro-blogging site Twitter.
Shah Rukh, who owns IPL team Kolkata Knight Riders, had been facing the ire of the Shiv Sena for his comments favouring the inclusion of Pakistani players in the third season of the IPL.
The Shiv Sena sought a public apology from the star and threatened to ban his films in Mumbai, starting with the much-awaited "My Name Is Khan" slated to release Friday.
But the issue sorted out when Sena leaders unofficially retracted from having issued any such diktat to ban the movie and it is expected that it may be released without any problems now.
Shah Rukh said he had been "misunderstood" on that issue.
"I don`t think I have ever said anything anti-national or non-Indian. I need not explain my Indian-ness to anybody. I have only said what every Indian should. I stand by what I have said. I think there`s a bit of agenda and politics in all this," Shah Rukh had told reporters after returning from London.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part II
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part III
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part IV
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Pakistan briefs China on alleged human rights violations in Kashmir Valley
- Russia loses appeal against Paralympics ban in Rio next month
- Google unveils Android Nougat for Nexus devices
- BSNL waives installation charges on new landline connections
- Xiaomi Mi 5 gets a huge price cut; know the new rate here