Shamim Khan takes sole lead after third day
Mumbai: Delhi golfer Shamim Khan fired a
three-under 67 to open up a three-stroke lead over Md Siddikur
Rehman of Bangladesh after the penultimate round of the Rs 30
lakh prize money Aircel PGTI Players Championship here on Thursday.
The 32-year-old Indian golfer fired six birdies in his
impressive round at the Bombay Presidency Golf Club course in
Chembur for a 54-hole aggregate of seven-under 203.
Trailing him with a three-round tally of 206 was
Bangladesh`s Rehman, who returned one-under 69.
Four players -- Harmeet Kahlon, Gaganjeet Bhulllar,
Abhishek Jha and Digvijay Singh -- were tied in the third spot
after tallying three-under 207 while a further stroke behind
in seventh place was Australian Anthony Paul Choat.
Himmat Singh Rai and Gaurav Ghei shared the joint eighth
spot with a three-round score of par 210 while the quartet of
Vijay Kumar, Anirban Lahiri, C Muniyappa and Shaurya Singh
were sharing the 10th spot at one-over 211.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- PM Narendra Modi ropes in Nandan Nilekani to boost process of digital payments post demonetisation
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145