Sharmila grabs title in Women’s Pro Golf Tour
Bengaluru: A birdie each at start and finish and two in-between saw 19-year-old local Sharmila Nicollet finish 14 shots in front of the field at the first event of this seasons’ Hero Honda Women’s Professional Golf Tour of India here on Friday.
Sharmila, last year’s double winner, thus won the first event of the season and set herself up to retain the Order of Merit she bagged last year.
She opened with Nalini Singh Siwach, who had an eagle on second hole and pipped Pallavi Jain by one shot to take the second place.
Nalini, despite a disappointing 77, managed to stay ahead by one of Pallavi (77).
Nikita Arjun, with the day’s second best round after Sharmila’s 72, was the top amateur at 19-over 235. Anisha Padukone was second and Kasvi Malik third, a release said.
This was the first stage of the 10-leg Hero Honda Women’s Professional Golf Tour that has entered its fifth year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trouble mounts for Salman Khan as driver reiterates that actor killed blackbuck
- PM Modi to chair NITI aayog meeting today
- Narsingh Yadav dope scandal: NADA set to announce verdict today
- Protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT: Hafiz Saeed
- Cabinet approves changes to GST Bill, drops 1% additional tax
- Dope scandal: Narsingh Yadav's Rio Olympics fate hangs in balance as NADA set to pronounce verdict today
- Indo-US counter-terrorism joint working group to meet today
- Hillary Clinton more qualified than anyone to serve as US president: Barack Obama
- Rahul Gandhi likely to speak on price rise in Lok Sabha today
- 2006 Aurangabad arms haul case: Ten years later, MCOCA court likely to deliver verdict today