Sharmila Nicollet misses cut at Finnair Masters
Helsinki: Sharmila Nicollet missed the cut at the Finnair Masters, but said she learnt a lot in her maiden appearance this season on the Ladies European Tour.
The tall Indian pro shot rounds of 78 and 79 and her final nine proved to be her best with just one bogey.
Nicollet, who has been very successful on the domestic WGAI Tour where she topped the Order of Merit last year, said it was a great experience to play an event of such a high level.
Thailand`s Titiya Plucksataporn, a top-10 finisher at the Hero Honda Women`s Indian Open last year, and Anne-Lise Caudal of France set the pace with six-under par 65 on the first day.
Plucksataporn, 28, from Bangkok, established the clubhouse lead with an eagle, six birdies and two bogeys on a warm opening morning at Helsinki Golf Club.
Plucksataporn had a career best finish of fifth at the 2007 Ladies Masters in India.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog
- VIDEO: When helicopter shot came to haunt Team India and skipper MS Dhoni himself