Sharmila takes two shot lead at Women`s pro golf
Bangalore: Sharmila Nicollet kept the momentum going and stayed two shots ahead of the seasoned Smriti Mehra at the end of the second round in the Hero Women`s Professional Golf Tour at the Eagleton Golf Resort on Wednesday.
Sharmila shot a fine four-under 68, one better than the opening round, to move in sole lead as overnight co-leader Neha Tripathi rued her poor putting to shoot 74 and drop to tied fourth.
Sharmila was given a tough fight by Smriti, who shot a bogey free 68 and came within two shots of Sharmila. Nalini Singh Siwach (71) was lying third and Saanniya Sharma (70) was tied for fourth.
Amateur Aditi, loser in the play-off in first leg, was fifth at 145 with rounds of 71 and 74.
Sharmila seemed to be finding her rhythm back after being lack luster in the first leg. The 20-year-old had five birdies, including a 25-foot downhill effort on 17th. She also had birdies on sixth, seventh, ninth and 16th. Her only blemish was a three-putt on fifth for a bogey as she went around in 28 putts.
Smriti had birdies on seventh, 13th and 16th, where she missed a 25-foot eagle putt and the 18th. She also needed 28 putts.
Nalini Singh Siwach had three birdies and two bogeys in her 71 and Neha had three birdies and four bogeys. Aditi managed just one birdie against three bogeys.
This is the second of the three legs in and around Bangalore with a total purse of Rs 8.5 lakhs. The three events form the start of the season which will see a record 15 events over the next eight months.
The Tour, this season, will have a minimum of Rs 42 lakhs at stake during the period.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested