Sharmila takes two-shot lead in season opener of women`s golf
Bengaluru: Sharmila Nicollet turned in the
only par round of the day to take a two-shot lead after the
opening day of season-opener Hero Honda Women`s Professional
Golf Tour here on Wednesday.
The 19-year-old Sharmila, who topped the Order of Merit
last season and won two titles, sank three birdies and three
bogeys, to take a two-shot lead over Jaipur golfer Pallavi
Chandigarh`s Saaniya Sharma and Nikki Ponappa, also from
Bengaluru, shot 77 each to be placed third, while namesakes
Nalini Singh Siwach and Nalini Singh shot 78 each.
Leading the amateur pack was Nikita Arjun, whose 82 gave
her a two-shot lead over Kasvi Malik and Anisha Padukone,
younger daughter of badminton legend, Prakash Padukone, was
third with 85.
Sharmila opened with a birdie on the fourth, but dropped
shots on the eighth and ninth to make the turn at one-over at
the Eagleton Golf course.
Her fortunes took a further toll when a third successive
bogey on 10th saw her go two-over. But the long-hitting local
girl dropped birdies on 11th and 13th and parred the rest to
finish the day at level-par 72.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- Why is religion being made the basis of election campaigns in UP?
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Sony Xperia X gets a price cut of whopping Rs 14,000