Shearer still in dark over Newcastle manager`s job
London: Alan Shearer still has no idea whether he will be appointed permanent Newcastle United manager, only two weeks before the club begin life in the Championship (second division), the former England striker said.
Shearer took over as manager of the club he played for with distinction for the last eight games of the Premier League season, but could not prevent their relegation.
With owner Mike Ashley trying to sell the club, assistant manager Chris Hughton has taken charge of their pre-season friendlies, including a 6-1 defeat by League One (third division) Leyton Orient on Saturday.
"I am the same as everyone else, I am in limbo -- I don`t know what is going on," Shearer told reporters at a St James` Park match to raise funds for former Newcastle and England manager Bobby Robson`s cancer charity.
"I know as much as you. I would dearly love it to be sorted out one way or the other then the club can move forward.”
"Everyone is telling me there are people in to buy the club. If that is the case, then great.”
"I`m a fan like everyone else and I don`t like to see the situation the club is in."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- Delhi: Car catches fire after crash, one dead
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Brilliant execution, superb performance!
- Manohar Parrikar meets troops at Siachen base camp
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- After land bill, net neutrality, Rahul Gandhi to fight for ex-servicemen now
- SC asks Haryana Police to quickly finish AIPMT paper leak probe