Shearer still in dark over Newcastle manager`s job
London: Alan Shearer still has no idea whether he will be appointed permanent Newcastle United manager, only two weeks before the club begin life in the Championship (second division), the former England striker said.
Shearer took over as manager of the club he played for with distinction for the last eight games of the Premier League season, but could not prevent their relegation.
With owner Mike Ashley trying to sell the club, assistant manager Chris Hughton has taken charge of their pre-season friendlies, including a 6-1 defeat by League One (third division) Leyton Orient on Saturday.
"I am the same as everyone else, I am in limbo -- I don`t know what is going on," Shearer told reporters at a St James` Park match to raise funds for former Newcastle and England manager Bobby Robson`s cancer charity.
"I know as much as you. I would dearly love it to be sorted out one way or the other then the club can move forward.”
"Everyone is telling me there are people in to buy the club. If that is the case, then great.”
"I`m a fan like everyone else and I don`t like to see the situation the club is in."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- Sundar Raman, tainted IPL franchises face uncertain future