Shearer still in dark over Newcastle manager`s job
London: Alan Shearer still has no idea whether he will be appointed permanent Newcastle United manager, only two weeks before the club begin life in the Championship (second division), the former England striker said.
Shearer took over as manager of the club he played for with distinction for the last eight games of the Premier League season, but could not prevent their relegation.
With owner Mike Ashley trying to sell the club, assistant manager Chris Hughton has taken charge of their pre-season friendlies, including a 6-1 defeat by League One (third division) Leyton Orient on Saturday.
"I am the same as everyone else, I am in limbo -- I don`t know what is going on," Shearer told reporters at a St James` Park match to raise funds for former Newcastle and England manager Bobby Robson`s cancer charity.
"I know as much as you. I would dearly love it to be sorted out one way or the other then the club can move forward.”
"Everyone is telling me there are people in to buy the club. If that is the case, then great.”
"I`m a fan like everyone else and I don`t like to see the situation the club is in."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest