Sheffield Wednesday threaten life bans for unruly fans
London: Sheffield Wednesday will give life bans to any fans found to be involved in the crowd trouble that followed Sunday`s 2-2 draw at home to Crystal Palace and condemned the club to England`s third tier.
South Yorkshire Police confirmed eight people had been arrested and released on police bail for public order offences both inside and outside Wednesday`s Hillsborough ground.
"Sheffield Wednesday will support the authorities accordingly and any individuals proved to have behaved inappropriately will be placed on lifetime club bans," a statement said on Monday.
Fans invaded the pitch after the match ended.
Crystal Palace player Clint Hill was quoted in British media as saying he had been punched by Wednesday fans although South Yorkshire police said no complaint had been received from the London club who stayed in the Championship thanks to their point.
Police said they would study CCTV footage of the incidents and would robustly pursue any other fans involved in disorder.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader