Sheffield Wednesday threaten life bans for unruly fans
London: Sheffield Wednesday will give life bans to any fans found to be involved in the crowd trouble that followed Sunday`s 2-2 draw at home to Crystal Palace and condemned the club to England`s third tier.
South Yorkshire Police confirmed eight people had been arrested and released on police bail for public order offences both inside and outside Wednesday`s Hillsborough ground.
"Sheffield Wednesday will support the authorities accordingly and any individuals proved to have behaved inappropriately will be placed on lifetime club bans," a statement said on Monday.
Fans invaded the pitch after the match ended.
Crystal Palace player Clint Hill was quoted in British media as saying he had been punched by Wednesday fans although South Yorkshire police said no complaint had been received from the London club who stayed in the Championship thanks to their point.
Police said they would study CCTV footage of the incidents and would robustly pursue any other fans involved in disorder.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- Know what Ranveer Singh has to say about Akshay Kumar
- A love story for Akshay Kumar in toilet? Details inside
- Wondering if Ranveer Singh is on board Deepika Padukone’s ‘Padmavati’? Details inside
- Saif Ali Khan finds Kareena Kapoor very sexy in 'Yeh Mera Dil' song
- Donald Trump demands special prosecutor to probe Hillary Clinton allegations