Sheffield Wednesday threaten life bans for unruly fans
London: Sheffield Wednesday will give life bans to any fans found to be involved in the crowd trouble that followed Sunday`s 2-2 draw at home to Crystal Palace and condemned the club to England`s third tier.
South Yorkshire Police confirmed eight people had been arrested and released on police bail for public order offences both inside and outside Wednesday`s Hillsborough ground.
"Sheffield Wednesday will support the authorities accordingly and any individuals proved to have behaved inappropriately will be placed on lifetime club bans," a statement said on Monday.
Fans invaded the pitch after the match ended.
Crystal Palace player Clint Hill was quoted in British media as saying he had been punched by Wednesday fans although South Yorkshire police said no complaint had been received from the London club who stayed in the Championship thanks to their point.
Police said they would study CCTV footage of the incidents and would robustly pursue any other fans involved in disorder.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir