Shiney Ahuja gets 7 years’ RI for raping maid
Mumbai: After a long legal battle, Bollywood actor Shiney Ahuja was on Wednesday convicted by a Mumbai court for raping his maid. Finding him guilty, the court sentenced Shiney to seven years` rigorous imprisonment.
Shiney was accused of raping his 18-year-old domestic help in June 2009.
He was earlier granted bail by Justice AP Deshpande of the Mumbai High Court on October 1, 2009 for a bond of Rs 50,000 with a condition that he would live in Delhi and regularly report to the nearest police station.
Apparently, the Mumbai High Court had eventually ruled that Shiney would be permitted to visit Mumbai during the trial.
Shiney is married to Anupam and the couple has a daughter.
The actor tasted success with commendable performance in his debut Bollywood venture ‘Hazaron Khwahishein Aisi’ in 2005. After the critically acclaimed movie, Shiney’s stars rose steadily with movies like ‘Gangster’ (2006) and ‘Khoya Khoya Chand’ (2007) in which he gave powerful performances.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Watch: Hafiz Saeed warns India of more terror attacks
- DNA: Army declares all soldiers in Siachen avalanche dead
- DNA: Indian Navy set to conduct International Fleet Review 2016
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- Ahead of 'Kashmir Solidarity Day', Hafiz Saeed's JuD releases controversial video featuring Pakistani Army chief
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Ten Army soldiers missing in Siachen avalanche presumed dead; PM Modi 'salutes' martyrs
- VIDEO: Ambidextrous Sri Lankan Kamindu Mendis bowling with both hands
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review