Shiney Ahuja gets 7 years’ RI for raping maid
Mumbai: After a long legal battle, Bollywood actor Shiney Ahuja was on Wednesday convicted by a Mumbai court for raping his maid. Finding him guilty, the court sentenced Shiney to seven years` rigorous imprisonment.
Shiney was accused of raping his 18-year-old domestic help in June 2009.
He was earlier granted bail by Justice AP Deshpande of the Mumbai High Court on October 1, 2009 for a bond of Rs 50,000 with a condition that he would live in Delhi and regularly report to the nearest police station.
Apparently, the Mumbai High Court had eventually ruled that Shiney would be permitted to visit Mumbai during the trial.
Shiney is married to Anupam and the couple has a daughter.
The actor tasted success with commendable performance in his debut Bollywood venture ‘Hazaron Khwahishein Aisi’ in 2005. After the critically acclaimed movie, Shiney’s stars rose steadily with movies like ‘Gangster’ (2006) and ‘Khoya Khoya Chand’ (2007) in which he gave powerful performances.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- PM Modi condoles APJ Abdul Kalam's death
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- Gurdaspur terror attack: Blow-by-blow account
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea