Shiney Ahuja gets 7 years’ RI for raping maid
Mumbai: After a long legal battle, Bollywood actor Shiney Ahuja was on Wednesday convicted by a Mumbai court for raping his maid. Finding him guilty, the court sentenced Shiney to seven years` rigorous imprisonment.
Shiney was accused of raping his 18-year-old domestic help in June 2009.
He was earlier granted bail by Justice AP Deshpande of the Mumbai High Court on October 1, 2009 for a bond of Rs 50,000 with a condition that he would live in Delhi and regularly report to the nearest police station.
Apparently, the Mumbai High Court had eventually ruled that Shiney would be permitted to visit Mumbai during the trial.
Shiney is married to Anupam and the couple has a daughter.
The actor tasted success with commendable performance in his debut Bollywood venture ‘Hazaron Khwahishein Aisi’ in 2005. After the critically acclaimed movie, Shiney’s stars rose steadily with movies like ‘Gangster’ (2006) and ‘Khoya Khoya Chand’ (2007) in which he gave powerful performances.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter