Shiney Ahuja gets 7 years’ RI for raping maid
Mumbai: After a long legal battle, Bollywood actor Shiney Ahuja was on Wednesday convicted by a Mumbai court for raping his maid. Finding him guilty, the court sentenced Shiney to seven years` rigorous imprisonment.
Shiney was accused of raping his 18-year-old domestic help in June 2009.
He was earlier granted bail by Justice AP Deshpande of the Mumbai High Court on October 1, 2009 for a bond of Rs 50,000 with a condition that he would live in Delhi and regularly report to the nearest police station.
Apparently, the Mumbai High Court had eventually ruled that Shiney would be permitted to visit Mumbai during the trial.
Shiney is married to Anupam and the couple has a daughter.
The actor tasted success with commendable performance in his debut Bollywood venture ‘Hazaron Khwahishein Aisi’ in 2005. After the critically acclaimed movie, Shiney’s stars rose steadily with movies like ‘Gangster’ (2006) and ‘Khoya Khoya Chand’ (2007) in which he gave powerful performances.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah Part II
- Uttarakhand: MBBS students builds toilets in a village in Rishikesh
- Digital detox helps to get rid of smartphones addiction
- Watch: Syrian boys crying, hugging each other after their brother is killed in airstrike
- Roberto Martinez announced Thierry Henry as assistant coach for Belgium
- Olympic Dreams: Rickshaw driver buys shooter daughter rifle worth 5 lakh that was saved for her wedding
- Sonam Kapoor to campaign against malnutrition
- Want no cookie cutter beauty queen: Lara Dutta
- Companies making beeline to sign PV Sindhu for endorsements