Shiney Ahuja never raped me, backtracks ‘victim’ maid
New Delhi: More than a year after Shiney Ahuja was accused of raping his housemaid, the latter has reportedly told the court that the actor “never” raped her.
Backtracking from her previous claims, the 20-year-old domestic help has told a fast-track court that she had framed false charges against Shiney on the instructions of the woman who got her the job with the Ahujas, reports a news channel.
"On September 3, the victim identified Shiney in the court and said she used to work at his residence as a domestic help. But when asked about the incident she said it never happened and that she was never raped," public prosecutor Kashinath Dighe said.
Shiney Ahuja was arrested on June 14, 2009 after the woman accused the actor of forcing himself on her and threatening her against speaking out about the incident. The actor had had to spend about three months in prison before getting a bail on Oct 1, 2009.
However, the prosecution will continue presenting other evidence including the statements of 12 other witnesses, forensic reports and other documentary evidence, as per reports. The court has scheduled the next hearing on Shiney’s case for September 15 and Ahuja can still be convicted based on other evidence. Also, the maid faces the threat of being prosecuted for perjury if her latest statement turns out to be false.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zakir Naik's 'IRF' converted many to Islam?
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part II
- PHOTO: Vivian Richards' son Mali captures Virat Kohli's knock in painting
- SHOCKING: Bernie Ecclestone's mother-in-law kidnapped in Brazil, abductors demand $36.5 m as ransom
- Badshah's Hindi cover of Justin Bieber’s 'Sorry' is out and, dayum, it's addictive!
- Subramanian Swamy wants discussion on Mahatma Gandhi killing in Rajya Sabha
- Mercedes-AMG SLC43 launched in India at Rs 77.5 lakh