Shiney Ahuja never raped me, backtracks ‘victim’ maid
New Delhi: More than a year after Shiney Ahuja was accused of raping his housemaid, the latter has reportedly told the court that the actor “never” raped her.
Backtracking from her previous claims, the 20-year-old domestic help has told a fast-track court that she had framed false charges against Shiney on the instructions of the woman who got her the job with the Ahujas, reports a news channel.
"On September 3, the victim identified Shiney in the court and said she used to work at his residence as a domestic help. But when asked about the incident she said it never happened and that she was never raped," public prosecutor Kashinath Dighe said.
Shiney Ahuja was arrested on June 14, 2009 after the woman accused the actor of forcing himself on her and threatening her against speaking out about the incident. The actor had had to spend about three months in prison before getting a bail on Oct 1, 2009.
However, the prosecution will continue presenting other evidence including the statements of 12 other witnesses, forensic reports and other documentary evidence, as per reports. The court has scheduled the next hearing on Shiney’s case for September 15 and Ahuja can still be convicted based on other evidence. Also, the maid faces the threat of being prosecuted for perjury if her latest statement turns out to be false.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- Sunil Grover responds to Kapil Sharma’s ‘sorry’ tweet, says ‘don’t act like a God’
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what