Shiney Ahuja never raped me, backtracks ‘victim’ maid
New Delhi: More than a year after Shiney Ahuja was accused of raping his housemaid, the latter has reportedly told the court that the actor “never” raped her.
Backtracking from her previous claims, the 20-year-old domestic help has told a fast-track court that she had framed false charges against Shiney on the instructions of the woman who got her the job with the Ahujas, reports a news channel.
"On September 3, the victim identified Shiney in the court and said she used to work at his residence as a domestic help. But when asked about the incident she said it never happened and that she was never raped," public prosecutor Kashinath Dighe said.
Shiney Ahuja was arrested on June 14, 2009 after the woman accused the actor of forcing himself on her and threatening her against speaking out about the incident. The actor had had to spend about three months in prison before getting a bail on Oct 1, 2009.
However, the prosecution will continue presenting other evidence including the statements of 12 other witnesses, forensic reports and other documentary evidence, as per reports. The court has scheduled the next hearing on Shiney’s case for September 15 and Ahuja can still be convicted based on other evidence. Also, the maid faces the threat of being prosecuted for perjury if her latest statement turns out to be false.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Indrani Mukerjea's three plans to kill Sheena Bora
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- DNA: How terrorists are trained by Pakistan Navy with help of ISI
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea charged with poisoning son Mikhail