Shiney Ahuja released from jail
Mumbai: After spending nearly four months in prison, Bollywood actor Shiney Ahuja is finally out from Mumbai’s Arthur Road jail. He furnished a surety of Rs 50,000. The actor, who was granted bail on 2nd October, was released today as some legal paperwork was delayed. The Bollywood star will be leaving for Delhi shortly. He is allegedly charged with rape of his nineteen-year-old housemaid.
The star will also have to abide by the Bombay High Court’s order to stay in Delhi and surrender his passport.
Earlier, the court’s decision came after an intense three-day hearing wherein Shiney’s lawyer presented several reasons for the actor’s immediate release.
Besides the negative DNA report, Shiney’s failing health was some of the reasons on which his lawyer stressed upon. After his release Shiney will have to move to Delhi as that is his original place of residence and will have to make necessary visits to the police station nearest to his home in the capital.
During Shiney’s bail, while talking to media, actor`s wife Anupam Ahuja said, "From day one we have maintained that Shiney is innocent. Our faith in the judiciary is reaffirmed. I am glad to have Shiney back home."
As to whether the actor can continue acting in films is not known. The 36-year-old actor was seen crying and wincing in pain when he was produced in a Mumbai Court earlier this week.
Ahuja, who was unable to walk, was assisted into the courtroom by two constables. He was later brought outside and made to sit on a bench where he lied down, quivering. Following this his lawyer Sameer Nagre moved an application seeking medical treatment at the earliest.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part II
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part III
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part IV
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Nandita Das is a capable director: Nawazuddin Siddiqui
- 50 Taliban militants killed in Afghanistan's Ghor
- England ponder triple spin attack against Pakistan in ODI series
- FM Jaitley orders ''immediate action'' towards implementation of Bankruptcy Code
- Did Sanal Sasidharan actually try to humiliate PV Sindhu with 'spit' remark? Here's the truth..