Shiney Ahuja’s judicial custody extended till August 27
Mumbai: The judicial custody of Bollywood actor Shiney Ahuja, arrested for allegedly raping his domestic maid, has been extended till August 27 by a local court here today. According to latest news, the case has been forwarded to Sessions Court.
The 36-year-old actor was arrested on June 15 for allegedly raping his domestic maid at his residence in Oshiwara at suburban Andheri. Ahuja has been in languishing in the high security Arthur Road prison in central Mumbai since his arrest on June 15.
A 109-page chargesheet has been filed by the city police against the actor accusing him of rape, wrongful confinement and threatening his domestic servant.
The chargesheet contains medical and forensic reports of the actor and the victim, statements of the witnesses, including the neighbours and those who helped the victim lodge a complaint.
The victim`s statement has been recorded before a magistrate under the provisions of section 164 of the Criminal Procedure Code (CrPC) in order to strengthen the case.
According to the police, on June 14, Ahuja had called the victim to his room at his residence saying he needed water. He then locked the room and allegedly raped her.
The victim has alleged that the actor locked her inside the room for a few hours before allowing her to leave the house.
Medical reports have indicated that the actor had intercourse with the maid. Forensic experts retrieved semen stains from the maid`s private parts and they matched with the
actor`s DNA profile.
The Sessions Court had earlier rejected the actor`s bail plea observing that there was prima facie evidence against him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Kejriwal's electricity bill exceeds Rs 1 lakh in two months: RTI
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional