Shiney Ahuja’s judicial custody extended till August 27
Mumbai: The judicial custody of Bollywood actor Shiney Ahuja, arrested for allegedly raping his domestic maid, has been extended till August 27 by a local court here today. According to latest news, the case has been forwarded to Sessions Court.
The 36-year-old actor was arrested on June 15 for allegedly raping his domestic maid at his residence in Oshiwara at suburban Andheri. Ahuja has been in languishing in the high security Arthur Road prison in central Mumbai since his arrest on June 15.
A 109-page chargesheet has been filed by the city police against the actor accusing him of rape, wrongful confinement and threatening his domestic servant.
The chargesheet contains medical and forensic reports of the actor and the victim, statements of the witnesses, including the neighbours and those who helped the victim lodge a complaint.
The victim`s statement has been recorded before a magistrate under the provisions of section 164 of the Criminal Procedure Code (CrPC) in order to strengthen the case.
According to the police, on June 14, Ahuja had called the victim to his room at his residence saying he needed water. He then locked the room and allegedly raped her.
The victim has alleged that the actor locked her inside the room for a few hours before allowing her to leave the house.
Medical reports have indicated that the actor had intercourse with the maid. Forensic experts retrieved semen stains from the maid`s private parts and they matched with the
actor`s DNA profile.
The Sessions Court had earlier rejected the actor`s bail plea observing that there was prima facie evidence against him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`