Shiney Ahuja’s judicial custody extended till August 27
Mumbai: The judicial custody of Bollywood actor Shiney Ahuja, arrested for allegedly raping his domestic maid, has been extended till August 27 by a local court here today. According to latest news, the case has been forwarded to Sessions Court.
The 36-year-old actor was arrested on June 15 for allegedly raping his domestic maid at his residence in Oshiwara at suburban Andheri. Ahuja has been in languishing in the high security Arthur Road prison in central Mumbai since his arrest on June 15.
A 109-page chargesheet has been filed by the city police against the actor accusing him of rape, wrongful confinement and threatening his domestic servant.
The chargesheet contains medical and forensic reports of the actor and the victim, statements of the witnesses, including the neighbours and those who helped the victim lodge a complaint.
The victim`s statement has been recorded before a magistrate under the provisions of section 164 of the Criminal Procedure Code (CrPC) in order to strengthen the case.
According to the police, on June 14, Ahuja had called the victim to his room at his residence saying he needed water. He then locked the room and allegedly raped her.
The victim has alleged that the actor locked her inside the room for a few hours before allowing her to leave the house.
Medical reports have indicated that the actor had intercourse with the maid. Forensic experts retrieved semen stains from the maid`s private parts and they matched with the
actor`s DNA profile.
The Sessions Court had earlier rejected the actor`s bail plea observing that there was prima facie evidence against him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack