Shiney granted bail in maid rape case
Mumbai: After spending nearly four months in prison, Bollywood actor Shiney Ahuja has been granted bail today. The actor who was in prison for the alleged rape of his 19-year old housemaid will have to pay a sum of Rs 50000. Besides the bail money, the star will also have to abide by the Bombay High Court’s order to stay in Delhi and surrender his passport.
Even though the actor has been granted bail it will take a couple of days till he gets released. The court’s decision came after an intense three-day hearing wherein Shiney’s lawyer presented several reasons for the actor’s immediate release.
Besides the negative DNA report, Shiney’s failing health was some of the reasons on which his lawyer stressed upon. After his release Shiney will have to move to Delhi as that is his original place of residence and will have to make necessary visits to the police station nearest to his home in the capital.
Talking to media, Shiney`s wife Anupam Ahuja said, "From day one we have maintained that Shiney is innocent. Our faith in the judiciary is reaffirmed. I am glad to have Shiney back home."
As to whether the actor can continue acting in films is not known. The 36-year-old actor was seen crying and wincing in pain when he was produced in a Mumbai Court earlier this week .
Ahuja, who was unable to walk, was assisted into the courtroom by two constables. He was later brought outside and made to sit on a bench where he lied down, quivering. Following this his lawyer Sameer Nagre moved an application seeking medical treatment at the earliest.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Why did Indrani Mukerjea attempt suicide?
- Dadri lynching: Locals stop Arvind Kejriwal from entering Bisara village
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves