Shiseido to buy Bare Escentuals for $1.7 bn
Tokyo: Japan`s top cosmetics maker Shiseido Co said Friday it had agreed to buy Bare Escentuals of the US for $1.7 billion in a friendly takeover.
The management of the two companies have struck a definitive agreement on an all-cash tender offer of 18.20 dollars per share for Bare Escentuals, a maker of mineral-based cosmetics, Shiseido said in a statement.
Shiseido, Japan`s largest cosmetics company, has enjoyed fast-growing profits in recent years, helped by booming demand for beauty products in China and other Asian markets.
With the takeover offer, which must be accepted by a majority of Bare Escentuals shareholders, Shiseido aims to expand its brand into mineral-based products and widen its customer base.
"This acquisition further enables Shiseido to move towards our goal of becoming a global player representing Asia with its origins in Japan," Shiseido chief executive Shinzo Maeda said in a statement.
"The operational fit and future growth prospects make this an excellent transaction for our customers, employees and shareholders."
Bare Escentuals aims to benefit from Shiseido`s distribution channels in Japan and Asia, particularly its strong foothold in China.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days