Shiv Kapur, Muniyappa miss cut in Malaysian Open
Kuala Lumpur: Four Indian golfers, including Shiv Kapur and C Muniyappa, missed the halfway cut as just half of India’s 10-man contingent could complete their second round before bad light dropped early curtains on the Malaysian Open here on Friday.
Veteran Jyoti Randhawa withdrew after his nightmarish opening round of 77, while it was end of all roads for Muniyappa (145), Kapur (146) and Himmat Singh Rai (146), who fell outside the cut line set at 144.
Anirban Lahiri, who had carded 75 yesterday, needs a three-under second round card to hang in for weekend action and the youngster was two-under after nine holes.
Two-time winner Arjun Atwal, who had opened his campaign with an even-par 72, was at the provisional 15th place at three-under, with five more holes to go in his second round.
Joining him was Kolkata pro SSP Chowrasia who was going even par after just two holes. Digvijay Singh was going two-under overall with 16 holes to go.
Rising star Gaganjeet Bhullar (143) carded one-under 71 to lie tied 39th.
Rahil Gangjee (143) to managed to complete his round but his three-over 75 was fgar from satisfactory from the Kolkata pro who had carded a brilliant four-under 68 in his opening round on Thursday.
Thailand’s Kiradech Aphibarnrat held a one-shot lead after negotiating 14 holes of his second round in five-under-par at the Kuala Lumpur Golf and Country Club to lead the USD two million event on nine-under-par.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says