Shiv Sena activists protest against SRK at ‘Mannat’
Mumbai: After slamming Shah Rukh Khan for supporting the inclusion of Pakistani cricketers in the IPL and warning theatre owners to boycott the screening of his upcoming flick ‘My Name Is Khan,’ scores of Shiv Sena supporters staged a protest against the actor outside his abode ‘Mannat.’
Although SRK’s residence has been put under high security, Mumbai police had to fight back to bring the situation under control as it acted by arresting 25-30 Sena activists.
Earlier, Sena goons on Sunday tore up Shah Rukh’s posters and burnt them outside a theatre in Kandivali. They also threatened the manager of theatre not to show the movie ‘My Name Is Khan’ in cinema hall.
According to reports, Sena is also reportedly planning to protest outside the actor`s house Mannat. So the security and surveillance at the actor’s residence has been increased.
After Shiv Sena leader Sanjay Raut advised SRK to migrate to Lahore or Islamabad, Sena boss Thackeray went ballistic at the superstar. In an editorial in the party’s news daily ‘Saamna’, Thackeray said Shah Rukh has insulted 26/11 martyrs by talking about Pakistani players in IPL.
He even went on to advise the actor to make Ajmal Kasab the captain of his team. And he added that for vice captain, Shah Rukh could get Afzal Guru, who is under a death sentence for the attack on Parliament.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- WhatsApp chat between Hrithik Roshan and his mother will give you fitness goals! View inside
- Producer's Guild hold emergency meet after 'Dishoom' leak threat
- WATCH: HISTORIC! Neeraj Chopra sets U-20 Javelin record, becomes first Indian world champion in athletics
- REVEALED: Why Hindu families in Aligarh want to sell their houses, leave area
- We’re not broken, just bent and we can learn to love again!