Shiv Sena threatens to protest against Shah Rukh’s ‘MNIK’
Mumbai: Slamming Shah Rukh Khan for supporting the inclusion of Pakistani cricketers in the IPL, Shiv Sena on Sunday wrote to theatre owners here to boycott the screening of his upcoming flick ‘My Name Is Khan’.
Sena goons on Sunday tore up Shah Rukh’s posters and burnt them outside a theatre in Kandivali. They also threatened the manager of theatre not to show the movie ‘My Name Is Khan’ in cinema hall.
According to reports, Sena is also reportedly planning to protest outside the actor`s house Mannat. So the security and surveillance at the actor’s residence has been increased.
After Shiv Sena leader Sanjay Raut advised SRK to migrate to Lahore or Islamabad, Sena boss Thackeray went ballistic at the superstar. In an editorial in the party’s news daily ‘Saamna’, Thackeray said Shah Rukh has insulted 26/11 martyrs by talking about Pakistani players in IPL.
He even went on to advise the actor to make Ajmal Kasab the captain of his team. And he added that for vice captain, Shah Rukh could get Afzal Guru, who is under a death sentence for the attack on Parliament.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cabinet approves Act allowing malls, restaurants, theaters to stay open 24×7
- New framework that can predict terrorist attacks developed!
- Actor Irrfan Khan stirs controversy over statement on Ramadan rituals
- Is triple divorce system an infringement of the Indian Constitution?
- Is triple divorce system an infringement of the Indian Constitution? - Part II