Shoaib reaches Hyd to meet Sania as wedding shifts to Dubai
New Delhi: Rocked by the allegations levelled by ‘first wife’ Ayesha Siddiqui, Shoaib Malik and Sania Mirza have decided to shift the venue of their wedding from Hyderabad to Dubai.
According to Pakistani news channel Geo TV, the Pakistani cricketer has decided to move his wedding with the Indian tennis player out of India to Dubai, especially after the controversy regarding his ‘first wife’ gained momentum.
Reports also claim that the date of the wedding may also get postponed from April 15, 2010 to sometime later, till the matter subsides.
Meanwhile, Shoaib Malik reached Hyderabad to meet Sania Mirza, on Friday night straight from Dubai to further resolve the issue.
Earlier on Saturday, the Malik-Siddiqui tussle reached the court as the latter’s family sent a legal notice to Shoaib, asking him to give a public divorce to their daughter before getting married to Sania Mirza.
The Malik family, meanwhile, got in touch with their Delhi-based criminal lawyer Ramesh Gupta, who has been representing them in the battle with the Siddiquis for the past two years. The Maliks will file a case of defamation against the Siddiquis.
Malik’s wedding plans with Sania Mirza hit troubled waters when Ayesha Siddiqui claimed in a telephonic chat that she has a Nikahnama (wedding certificate) in her possession and then sent the same through an e-mail to a Pakistani news channel.
Ayesha’s family alleges that Shoaib married her over phone but dumped her later due to her weight problems. Shoaib, however, insists that it was the Siddiquis who cheated him.
The 28-year-old has said he was sent photographs of a girl who is not Ayesha and that he was only engaged to that girl but backed out after finding out that he had been duped.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video