Shopper`s Stop to invest Rs 350 cr in five year`s period
Mumbai: Leading retail chain, Shopper`s Stop, plans to invest Rs 350 crore to set up 32 new stores and up its pan-India network to 60 in the next five-years, a top company official said.
"We have drawn up investment plans of Rs 200 crore for adding 18 new stores with about three million square feet in the next three-years period," Shrikhande told PTI here.
The stores will be opened at Ahmedabad, Amritsar,
Mangalore, Mysore, Aurangabad, Chandigarh and other Tier II
cities, he said.
A further Rs 150 crore has been earmarked to add 14
more stores but plans for this are still in the preliminary
stage, he said.
Presently, the retail chain has a network of 28 stores
in 12 cities across the country occupying an aggregate area of
over 1.88 million sq feet.
The company, which launched Europe`s first denim
brand, Mustang, in the city yesterday, plans to launch more
foreign brands in the near future, the Shopper`s Stop official
On its private labels business, Shrikhande said that
its contribution to the company`s sales this year so far has
fallen to 17 per cent as against 20 per cent last year.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vladimir Putin rages as Turkey shoots down Russian plane
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- I was shivering while interviewing Nirbhaya's friend, says Ramnath Goenka awardee Sudhir Chaudhary
- If India was intolerant, then Kiran Rao wouldn't have married Aamir Khan: Baba Ramdev
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times