Shopper`s Stop to invest Rs 350 cr in five year`s period
Mumbai: Leading retail chain, Shopper`s Stop, plans to invest Rs 350 crore to set up 32 new stores and up its pan-India network to 60 in the next five-years, a top company official said.
"We have drawn up investment plans of Rs 200 crore for adding 18 new stores with about three million square feet in the next three-years period," Shrikhande told PTI here.
The stores will be opened at Ahmedabad, Amritsar,
Mangalore, Mysore, Aurangabad, Chandigarh and other Tier II
cities, he said.
A further Rs 150 crore has been earmarked to add 14
more stores but plans for this are still in the preliminary
stage, he said.
Presently, the retail chain has a network of 28 stores
in 12 cities across the country occupying an aggregate area of
over 1.88 million sq feet.
The company, which launched Europe`s first denim
brand, Mustang, in the city yesterday, plans to launch more
foreign brands in the near future, the Shopper`s Stop official
On its private labels business, Shrikhande said that
its contribution to the company`s sales this year so far has
fallen to 17 per cent as against 20 per cent last year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Couple in Bihar asked to pay Rs 50,000 as 'tax' for inter-caste marriage
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!
- CBSE 12th Result 2015 to be announced on Monday
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Standoff with LG: Arvind Kejriwal calls emergency session of Delhi Assembly
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- No alliance with JD-U in Bihar: BJP
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla