Shot-putter Om Prakash qualifies for London Oly
New Delhi: Indian shot-putter Om Prakash Karhana qualified for the 2012 London Olympics as well as next month`s World Championships after winning gold in an IAAF meet at Szombathely in Hungary.
Karhana registered a personal best of 20.04 metres to cross the 20-metre qualifying mark for the London Olympics and the World Championships to be held in Daegu, South Korea from August 27.
The earlier personal best of the 24-year-old lad, who is now training in Hungary, was 20.02 metres which he registered at the 2009 Inter-State Athletics meet in Chennai.
Karhana had finished third in the Asian Championships at Kobe, Japan earlier this month. Defending his shot put title, he managed a bronze with a season`s best of 19.47 metres.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation