Shot-putter Om Prakash qualifies for London Oly
New Delhi: Indian shot-putter Om Prakash Karhana qualified for the 2012 London Olympics as well as next month`s World Championships after winning gold in an IAAF meet at Szombathely in Hungary.
Karhana registered a personal best of 20.04 metres to cross the 20-metre qualifying mark for the London Olympics and the World Championships to be held in Daegu, South Korea from August 27.
The earlier personal best of the 24-year-old lad, who is now training in Hungary, was 20.02 metres which he registered at the 2009 Inter-State Athletics meet in Chennai.
Karhana had finished third in the Asian Championships at Kobe, Japan earlier this month. Defending his shot put title, he managed a bronze with a season`s best of 19.47 metres.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Muslim man sends 'talaq' SMS to wife after learning about her gang-rape
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- ISL 2015: NorthEast United FC vs Delhi Dynamos - Preview
- Pakistan vs England, 2nd T20: Live Streaming