Should we form party? Arvind Kejriwal asks people
Ralegan Siddhi (Maharashtra): Arvind Kejriwal on Saturday said they would seek people’s response over the next one week on whether to form a political party or not.
Addressing a press conference here along with social activist Anna Hazare, Kejriwal said, “For the next one week, through e-mail, SMSes, telephone calls we will seek people’s response on whether to form a political party.”
Hazare, meanwhile, said only good people should go to Parliament.
“I won’t fight election but will help select right people and send them to Parliament,” Hazare said, reiterating he won’t join politics.
“We will ask the people whether we should form a party or not,” Hazare said.
Asked whether he would campaign for those candidates, the Gandhian only said: “I will decide after people’s verdict whether I will campaign for the candidates or not.”
In response to a question, Kejriwal said people will decide whether erstwhile Team Anna members (apart from Hazare) will also contest election or not.
To find the “right candidates”, Kejriwal said they would look at the following:
- Candidate should not have a criminal background
- Should not be facing any charges of corruption
- What he has done for the people
- What is his image in public
Kejriwal further said that once selected by people, the candidate should give an affidavit saying:
- Won’t take a red beacon car
- Won’t take government bungalow
- Won’t take security
- Will take monthly salary of Rs 25,000 after winning election
- No life-long retirement benefits
- Bank account will be open to public scrutiny
- Income detains will be made public every year
- Won’t misuse MPLAD funds, quota discretion
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know