Should we form party? Arvind Kejriwal asks people
Ralegan Siddhi (Maharashtra): Arvind Kejriwal on Saturday said they would seek people’s response over the next one week on whether to form a political party or not.
Addressing a press conference here along with social activist Anna Hazare, Kejriwal said, “For the next one week, through e-mail, SMSes, telephone calls we will seek people’s response on whether to form a political party.”
Hazare, meanwhile, said only good people should go to Parliament.
“I won’t fight election but will help select right people and send them to Parliament,” Hazare said, reiterating he won’t join politics.
“We will ask the people whether we should form a party or not,” Hazare said.
Asked whether he would campaign for those candidates, the Gandhian only said: “I will decide after people’s verdict whether I will campaign for the candidates or not.”
In response to a question, Kejriwal said people will decide whether erstwhile Team Anna members (apart from Hazare) will also contest election or not.
To find the “right candidates”, Kejriwal said they would look at the following:
- Candidate should not have a criminal background
- Should not be facing any charges of corruption
- What he has done for the people
- What is his image in public
Kejriwal further said that once selected by people, the candidate should give an affidavit saying:
- Won’t take a red beacon car
- Won’t take government bungalow
- Won’t take security
- Will take monthly salary of Rs 25,000 after winning election
- No life-long retirement benefits
- Bank account will be open to public scrutiny
- Income detains will be made public every year
- Won’t misuse MPLAD funds, quota discretion
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced on May 28
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow