Shweta joins Heena and Annu Raj at the top
Pune: Shweta Chaudhary, eager to bag a quota place for next year`s London Olympics, upstaged Games berth earner Rahi Sarnobat by finishing above the latter in the qualifying rounds of the 10m air pistol event in the Gun for Glory shooting championship on Sunday.
Shweta pushed Rahi down to the fifth spot as the finalists for the ISSF ranking competition were spotted at the Balewadi ranges.
After Heena Sidhu fired World Cup medal winning score of 387 on Saturday, Shweta joined at the top with a round of 382, tied with quota place holder Annu Raj Singh.
Annu is placed second by virtue of having scored more inner 10s. Annu Raj has 10 Bulls Eyes while Shweta had eight.
With top eight making it to the final, Maharashtra had just one shooter in contention - Rahi - as Shreya Gawande got pushed to the ninth position after CRPF`s Sarvesh Tomar sneaked in with a score of 376.
The women`s 10m air rifle final standings were more or less undisturbed with no shooter coming close to Suma Shirur`s round of 397.
Nonetheless, Maharashtra`s Radhika Barale, who did well at the Commonwealth Youth Games here, too qualified for the final with an excellent round of 394 that saw her shooting a steady series of 98, 98, 99 and 99.
Pistol ace Omkar Singh of Indian Navy held on to his top position after he had opened with 578 yesterday. He found army man Om Prakash joining him at the top after shooting a round of 576.
The men`s 10m air pistol is turning out to be a tussle between Army and Navy with Deepak Sharma of Air India being the lone `outsider` in the final eight.
In the men`s 10m air rifle, Aribam Sharma remained at the top as none of those national shooters who shot their series today were able to break past 593.
The top three positions were unchanged and it was Maharashtra`s Fulchand Bangar who sneaked into the fifth position with a round of 589.
Men:10m Air Rifle (finalists): 1. Aribam Sharma (Army) 593, 2. PT Raghunath (Navy) 591, 3. Ramesh Mali (Mah) 590, 4. Ashok Karande (Rlys) 589, 5. Fulchand Bangar (Mah) 589, 6. Chain Singh (Army) 589, 7. Bishnu Nag (Navy) 588, 8. Purushottam K (Kar) 587.
10m Air Pistol (finalists): 1. Omkar Singh (Navy) 578, 2. Om Prakash (Army) 576, 3. Vijay Singh (Army) 576, 4. Gurpreet Singh (Army) 575, 5. Deepak Sharma (AI) 575, 6. Satendra Kumar (Navy) 573, 7. Vijay Kumar SM (Army) 573, 8. Charanjit Singh (Army) 572.
Women: 10m Air Rifle (finalists): 1. Suma Shirur (Rlys) 397, 2. Priya Agarwal (Rlys) 397, 3. Anjali Bhagwat (Mah) 394, 4. Radhika Barale (Rlys) 394, 5. Neha Sapte (Mah) 393, 6. Lajja Gauswami (Guj) 392, 7. Aparajita Singh (MP) 392, 8. Aishwarya Shroff (Mah) 392.
10m Air Pistol (finalists): 1. Heena Sidhu (Pun) 387, 2. Annu Raj Singh (AI) 382, 3. Shweta Chaudhary (ONGC) 382, 4. Neha Tokas (Del) 380, 5. Rahi Sarnobat (Mah) 378, 6. Sarvesh Tomar (CRPF) 376, 7. Lakhbir Kaur Sidhu (Pun) 374, 8. Anita Devi (Har) 373.
Women civilians (finalists): 1. Neha Tokas (Del) 380, 2. Rahi Sarnobat (Mah) 378, 3. Anita Devi (Har) 373, 4. Shreya Gawande (Mah) 372, 5. Prerna Gupta (Uttr) 369, 6. Shradha Nalamwar (Mah) 367, 7. Jyoti Raut (Mah) 366, 8. Shweta Udani (Mah) 365.
Junior women (finalists): 1. Neha Tokas (Del) 380, 2. Surabhi Pathak (MP) 373, 3. Shreya Gawande (Mah) 372, 4. Prerna Gupta (Uttr) 369, 5. Deepika Patel (Rlys) 368, 6. Loveleen Kaur (AI) 364, 7. Naman Sharma (Raj) 362, 8. Rachna Sharma (MP) 362.
Junior women civilians (finalists): 1. Neha Tokas (Del) 380, 2. Shreya Gawande (Mah) 372, 3. Prerna Gupta (Uttr) 369, 4. Naman Sharma (Raj) 362, 5.Aditi Sewak (Pun) 362, 6. Aanchal Rana (HP) 361, 7. Trishla Malik (Uttr) 352, 8. Gurshagun Mehak Bhatti (Pun) 351.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced on May 28
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- UBSE Results 2015 (ubse.uk.gov.in): Uttarakhand 12th Result 2015 to be announced today at 11 AM
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow