Shweta upsets Ekterina
Kolkata: Delhi girl Shweta Rana upset seventh seed Ekterina Tour of Israel in the first round of the ONGC–ITF Junior at DKS Sports Complex courts.
In the first set, Rana broke Tour in the first and fifth games and took the set at 6-2. In the second set, Tour broke Rana in the first, eighth and tenth games while losing her second and ninth service games and equalised.
In the third set, Rana broke Tour in the first game. In the second game Rana was 0-40 down on her serve.
She saved six break points and fired five aces to save the game. She then broke Tour in the fifth and seventh games, losing her serve in the sixth. She served the match out in the eighth.
Rishabdev Raman ousted fifth seeded Shahbaaz Khan in a boys singles match.
Khan broke Raman in the second and fourth to take 4-0 lead. Raman came back by breaking Khan in the fifth and ninth games and then sealed the first set with another break in the eleventh.
Khan came back strongly in the second set and took it at 6-0 equalising the set score. In the decider, Raman Broke Khan in the third, fifth and seventh games losing his serve in the sixth to advance to the pre quarter finals.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- This is how Dr APJ Abdul Kalam looked when he was a kid!
- Govt reviews porn ban order, blocks only child pornography-related websites
- 'Idiots are lined up at every step': Young IAS officer's fight against sexual harassment
- Which Kapoor does Katrina like the most besides beau Ranbir?