Siddikur, Sujjan and Sanjay Kumar share 2nd round lead
Dhaka: Mohd Siddikur Rahman and Sujjan Singh
fired identical six-under 66 to join overnight leader Sanjay
Kumar at the top after the second round of the Bangladesh Open
golf tournament here today.
Lucknow golfer Sanjay Kumar carded an even-par 72 today
to see top Bangladeshi professional Siddikur and Chandigarh`s
Sujjan joining him at six-under 138.
Bangladeshi amateurs Mohd Dulal Hossain and Mohd
Shakhawat Hossain are tied fourth at five-under 139.
The cut was declared at 11-over 155. Fifty professionals
and six amateurs -- all from Bangladesh -- made the cut.
Siddikur kept the flag flying for the host nation with
his second round effort of a bogey-free six-under 66.
Siddikur was five-under after a sparkling front nine and
the 25-year-old then played an outstanding approach shot from
140 yards to within four feet of the pin to close his round
with his sixth birdie of the day at the Kurmitola Golf Club.
"I hit some excellent approach shots which landed pretty
close, especially on the seventh, ninth and 18th. This helped
set up some easy birdies for me. However, my putting was below
par. I need to putt better in order to have any chance over
the next two days," Siddikur said.
In comparison, Sujjan Singh`s second round featured an
eagle, six birdies and two bogeys.
"It`s a great way to start the season. I didn`t play here
last year but I really like the layout of this course," said
the Chandigarh pro.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- Check mahresult.nic.in for Maharashtra HSC Result 2015 to be announced at 1 pm on May 27
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi