Siddikur, Sujjan and Sanjay Kumar share 2nd round lead
Dhaka: Mohd Siddikur Rahman and Sujjan Singh
fired identical six-under 66 to join overnight leader Sanjay
Kumar at the top after the second round of the Bangladesh Open
golf tournament here today.
Lucknow golfer Sanjay Kumar carded an even-par 72 today
to see top Bangladeshi professional Siddikur and Chandigarh`s
Sujjan joining him at six-under 138.
Bangladeshi amateurs Mohd Dulal Hossain and Mohd
Shakhawat Hossain are tied fourth at five-under 139.
The cut was declared at 11-over 155. Fifty professionals
and six amateurs -- all from Bangladesh -- made the cut.
Siddikur kept the flag flying for the host nation with
his second round effort of a bogey-free six-under 66.
Siddikur was five-under after a sparkling front nine and
the 25-year-old then played an outstanding approach shot from
140 yards to within four feet of the pin to close his round
with his sixth birdie of the day at the Kurmitola Golf Club.
"I hit some excellent approach shots which landed pretty
close, especially on the seventh, ninth and 18th. This helped
set up some easy birdies for me. However, my putting was below
par. I need to putt better in order to have any chance over
the next two days," Siddikur said.
In comparison, Sujjan Singh`s second round featured an
eagle, six birdies and two bogeys.
"It`s a great way to start the season. I didn`t play here
last year but I really like the layout of this course," said
the Chandigarh pro.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- Lalitgate: Centre denies deal with Congress over Sushma Swaraj, Vasundhara Raje
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Lalitgate: BJP helping fugitives, law breakers; PM Modi doing 'Maun Yoga', alleges Congress