Silver prices at new peak of Rs 27,795 per kg
Mumbai: Silver continued its surge scaling yet another historic high for the fourth straight session in an otherwise steady bullion market here on Saturday due to hectic buying by stockists despite weak overseas cues.
Silver ready (.999 fineness) firmed up further by Rs 155 per kilo to close at Rs 27,795 from yesterday`s closing level of Rs 27,640.
Standard gold and pure gold, however, ruled steady in the absence of market-moving factors.
In New York, gold futures finished lower on Friday, as the dollar gained back some ground after Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke said loose monetary policy will end eventually.
December silver futures fell 12 cents to USD 17.69 an ounce.
Gold for December delivery finished down by USD 7.70, or 7.3 percent, at USD 1,048.60 an ounce.
Turning to the domestic market, standard gold (99.5 purity) and pure gold (99.9 purity) both closed unchanged at Rs 15,855 and Rs 15,930 per ten grams respectively.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa