Simone Bolelli returns for Italy in Davis Cup
Rome: Simone Bolelli was named Monday to Italy`s team for a Davis Cup playoff against Switzerland, putting a 10-month suspension behind him.
Top-ranked Roger Federer is expected to play for Switzerland in the Sept. 18-20 contest on red clay courts in Genoa.
Bolelli was suspended by the Italian tennis federation in September for skipping a tie against Latvia. The 68th-ranked player said he told Italy captain Corrado Barrazzutti well in advance of the tie that he preferred to work on his fast-court game in Asia.
The federation revoked the ban in July.
Fabio Fognini, Andreas Seppi and Potito Starace were also named to Italy`s team for the World Group playoff.
Last week, Bolelli was eliminated by 15th-seeded Radek Stepanek in the first round of the US Open. Fognini, Seppi and Starace also failed to make it past the first round in New York, although Bolelli and Seppi reached the third round in doubles before losing to fifth-seeded Max Mirnyi and Andy Ram on Sunday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Sheena case: Indrani quizzed jointly with Peter, denies killing daughter
- PM Modi's Buddha mantra for peace at Global Hindu Buddhist Conclave
- Govt extended last date for e-filing of I-T return to Sept 7
- DNA: Bharat Bandh hits normal life; Bengal, Kerala among most affected
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda