Singapore beat Malaysia in World Cup qualifier
Singapore: Singapore beat Malaysia 5-3 on Saturday in an action-packed first leg of the World Cup qualifier between the Asian neighbours.
Malaysia struck in the opening minute through Safee Mohd Sali, but were 4-1 down by halftime. Veteran striker Aleksander Duric equalized in the eighth minute and Qiu Li put Singapore ahead in the 21st before quickfire goals just before the break from Mustafic Fahrudin and Shi Jiayi.
Malaysia hit back with two goals in a minute midway through the second half, to Abdul Hadi Yahya and a second for Safee, before Duric scored a fifth for Singapore in the 82nd minute.
The return leg will be in Malaysia on Thursday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16