Six govt staff suspended for violating Code of Conduct
Puducherry: The Puducherry government has
suspended six of its employees for allegedly participating
in poll-related activities of political parties in this Union
Jesudoss (an employee of Agriculture Department),
Ilango (Khadi and Village Industries Board), Mangayarselvam
(Education Department), Velmurugan (Puducherry State Marketing
Committee), Singaram (State-owned Corporation for Development
of Minorities and Backward Classes) and Sankaralingam
(Directorate of Stationery and Printing) have been suspended
as they participated in activities of certain political
parties, the government said in a statement today.
A school teacher had already been suspended in
Puducherry for refusing to accept duty assigned by the
Complaints received against some other employees are
being examined, the statement said.
The Model Code of Conduct is in force in Puducherry
ahead of the April 13 Assembly elections.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Rahul Gandhi's Twitter handle hacked again
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'