Six govt staff suspended for violating Code of Conduct
Puducherry: The Puducherry government has
suspended six of its employees for allegedly participating
in poll-related activities of political parties in this Union
Jesudoss (an employee of Agriculture Department),
Ilango (Khadi and Village Industries Board), Mangayarselvam
(Education Department), Velmurugan (Puducherry State Marketing
Committee), Singaram (State-owned Corporation for Development
of Minorities and Backward Classes) and Sankaralingam
(Directorate of Stationery and Printing) have been suspended
as they participated in activities of certain political
parties, the government said in a statement today.
A school teacher had already been suspended in
Puducherry for refusing to accept duty assigned by the
Complaints received against some other employees are
being examined, the statement said.
The Model Code of Conduct is in force in Puducherry
ahead of the April 13 Assembly elections.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Navjot Singh Sidhu diagnosed with DVT: Know about this life threatening disease!
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- The Pot Simmers: Beef Politics in UP; Beef Festival in Kerala