Six injured in train derailment in Uttar Pradesh
Basti (UP): Six passengers were on Wednesday injured when nine bogies of the Gorakhpur-bound Kushi Nagar
Express derailed at an unmanned crossing near Orwara railway
station in the district, railway officials said here.
The incident occurred at around 6.30 am when nine
coaches of Kushinagar Express derailed near Batela unmanned
crossing, some 60 kms before Gorakhpur railway station, Chief
Engineer of the NE Railway Anupam Sharma said, adding that six
passengers were injured. Eyewitnesses, however, said that over
30 people were injured.
Train traffic on the route was disrupted following the
Sharma said that an inquiry has been ordered to probe
into the cause of accident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC