Six injured in train derailment in Uttar Pradesh
Basti (UP): Six passengers were on Wednesday injured when nine bogies of the Gorakhpur-bound Kushi Nagar
Express derailed at an unmanned crossing near Orwara railway
station in the district, railway officials said here.
The incident occurred at around 6.30 am when nine
coaches of Kushinagar Express derailed near Batela unmanned
crossing, some 60 kms before Gorakhpur railway station, Chief
Engineer of the NE Railway Anupam Sharma said, adding that six
passengers were injured. Eyewitnesses, however, said that over
30 people were injured.
Train traffic on the route was disrupted following the
Sharma said that an inquiry has been ordered to probe
into the cause of accident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter
- ‘Bajrangi Bhaijaan’ Salman Khan weaves magic at BO; to register Rs 500 crore soon!