Six medical students expelled for beating up fresher
Agartala: Six students of Agartala
Government Medical College have been expelled for beating up a
first year student on suspicion that he had stolen a laptop.
Besides the six, three others have been suspended for
six months by a notification issued by Principal Dilip Kumar
Das today, official sources said all the nine punished
students were from second year.
These students on September four severely beat up Anil
Jamatya, who is being treated at G.B. Pant Hospital here,
alleging he had stolen a laptop from a second year student.
The medical college authorities were not considering
this as an instance of ragging, the sources said adding the
students have been directed to leave their hostel by September
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'