Six medical students expelled for beating up fresher
Agartala: Six students of Agartala
Government Medical College have been expelled for beating up a
first year student on suspicion that he had stolen a laptop.
Besides the six, three others have been suspended for
six months by a notification issued by Principal Dilip Kumar
Das today, official sources said all the nine punished
students were from second year.
These students on September four severely beat up Anil
Jamatya, who is being treated at G.B. Pant Hospital here,
alleging he had stolen a laptop from a second year student.
The medical college authorities were not considering
this as an instance of ragging, the sources said adding the
students have been directed to leave their hostel by September
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing