Six medical students expelled for beating up fresher
Agartala: Six students of Agartala
Government Medical College have been expelled for beating up a
first year student on suspicion that he had stolen a laptop.
Besides the six, three others have been suspended for
six months by a notification issued by Principal Dilip Kumar
Das today, official sources said all the nine punished
students were from second year.
These students on September four severely beat up Anil
Jamatya, who is being treated at G.B. Pant Hospital here,
alleging he had stolen a laptop from a second year student.
The medical college authorities were not considering
this as an instance of ragging, the sources said adding the
students have been directed to leave their hostel by September
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- BSF catches cow slaughter gang near India-Bangladesh border in Malda
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...