Six officials banned for life over friendlies
Zurich: Six match officials have been banned for life over two friendlies played in Turkey this year in which seven penalties were awarded, FIFA said on Wednesday.
The officials, three from Bosnia and three from Hungary, were involved in the Latvia v Bolivia and Estonia v Bulgaria matches played in the resort of Antalya on Feb. 9.
FIFA said that, in a separate case, it had banned Barbadian soccer official Lisle Austin for one year for lodging a complaint relating to football matters in a Bahamian court.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living