Small town in New Hampshire to cast first ballot in US polls
Washington: Residents of a small township in the New Hampshire State would be the first to cast their ballot just shortly after midnight when polling gets underway in the US Presidential elections on Tuesday.
Dixville Notch in New Hampshire has been casting the first ballot of presidential elections since 1960.
Since then it has picked seven out if 13 winners.
According to local news media, the 25-odd registered voters of the town gather to cast their ballots at midnight, and the polls are closed one minute later.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections 2017: Samajwadi Party's 'kaam bolta hai' slogan faces litmus test
- Sony Xperia X gets a price cut of whopping Rs 14,000