Small town in New Hampshire to cast first ballot in US polls
Washington: Residents of a small township in the New Hampshire State would be the first to cast their ballot just shortly after midnight when polling gets underway in the US Presidential elections on Tuesday.
Dixville Notch in New Hampshire has been casting the first ballot of presidential elections since 1960.
Since then it has picked seven out if 13 winners.
According to local news media, the 25-odd registered voters of the town gather to cast their ballots at midnight, and the polls are closed one minute later.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?