SOA congratulates Tarundeep Rai
Gangtok: The Sikkim Olympic Association (SOA) has congratulated Tarundeep Rai for creating history by becoming the first Indian archer to win an individual silver medal in Asian Games.
Rai, who hailed from Sikkim, lost to Woojin Kim of South Korea in a closely fought contest in Guangzhou on November 24.
The SOA conveyed its congratulatory message to Tarundeep’s coach RB Tamang and expressed hope that his feat would convince the Centre to sanction funds for development of sports infrastructure in Sikkim.
SOA joint secretary Menla Ethenpa called on Chief Minister Pawan Kumar Chamling to request him to allocate more funds to the Sports & Youth Affairs Department to formulate meaningful sporting activities in the state.
Ethenpa, also general secretary of the Sikkim Football Association, also urged corporate houses and contractor associations here to come forward to make Sikkim a vibrant sporting state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter