SOA congratulates Tarundeep Rai
Gangtok: The Sikkim Olympic Association (SOA) has congratulated Tarundeep Rai for creating history by becoming the first Indian archer to win an individual silver medal in Asian Games.
Rai, who hailed from Sikkim, lost to Woojin Kim of South Korea in a closely fought contest in Guangzhou on November 24.
The SOA conveyed its congratulatory message to Tarundeep’s coach RB Tamang and expressed hope that his feat would convince the Centre to sanction funds for development of sports infrastructure in Sikkim.
SOA joint secretary Menla Ethenpa called on Chief Minister Pawan Kumar Chamling to request him to allocate more funds to the Sports & Youth Affairs Department to formulate meaningful sporting activities in the state.
Ethenpa, also general secretary of the Sikkim Football Association, also urged corporate houses and contractor associations here to come forward to make Sikkim a vibrant sporting state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days