Sodhi wins bronze in ISSF Shooting World Cup
New Delhi: Ace Indian marksman Ronjan Sodhi
today clinched bronze medal in double trap at the ISSF
Shooting World Cup in Maribor, Slovenia.
Sodhi shot a series of 48, 49, 48 for a total of 145 in
the qualification, before compiling 49 in the finals to finish
on the podium.
Sodhi was tied for the second place but lost to China`s
Hu Binyuan in shoot-off in which the world number three Indian
shot one against two.
The Asian Games gold medallist Indian had already
qualified for the 2012 London Olympics on the basis of his
silver-winning feat in the Shotgun World Cup in Beijing in
Wilson Peter Robert Russell of he Great Britain won the
gold medal after he shot 195, while Hu Binyuan of China bagged
the silver with a total of 194.
Earlier on Saturday, Shagun Chowdhary of India missed an
Olympic quota place after finishing ninth in women`s trap
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part II
- PM Modi breaks protocol to receive Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Al Nahyan
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Digangana Suryavanshi chops off her mane on Salman Khan's advice—See pics!