Sodhi wins bronze in ISSF Shooting World Cup
New Delhi: Ace Indian marksman Ronjan Sodhi
today clinched bronze medal in double trap at the ISSF
Shooting World Cup in Maribor, Slovenia.
Sodhi shot a series of 48, 49, 48 for a total of 145 in
the qualification, before compiling 49 in the finals to finish
on the podium.
Sodhi was tied for the second place but lost to China`s
Hu Binyuan in shoot-off in which the world number three Indian
shot one against two.
The Asian Games gold medallist Indian had already
qualified for the 2012 London Olympics on the basis of his
silver-winning feat in the Shotgun World Cup in Beijing in
Wilson Peter Robert Russell of he Great Britain won the
gold medal after he shot 195, while Hu Binyuan of China bagged
the silver with a total of 194.
Earlier on Saturday, Shagun Chowdhary of India missed an
Olympic quota place after finishing ninth in women`s trap
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack