Sodhi wins bronze in ISSF Shooting World Cup
New Delhi: Ace Indian marksman Ronjan Sodhi
today clinched bronze medal in double trap at the ISSF
Shooting World Cup in Maribor, Slovenia.
Sodhi shot a series of 48, 49, 48 for a total of 145 in
the qualification, before compiling 49 in the finals to finish
on the podium.
Sodhi was tied for the second place but lost to China`s
Hu Binyuan in shoot-off in which the world number three Indian
shot one against two.
The Asian Games gold medallist Indian had already
qualified for the 2012 London Olympics on the basis of his
silver-winning feat in the Shotgun World Cup in Beijing in
Wilson Peter Robert Russell of he Great Britain won the
gold medal after he shot 195, while Hu Binyuan of China bagged
the silver with a total of 194.
Earlier on Saturday, Shagun Chowdhary of India missed an
Olympic quota place after finishing ninth in women`s trap
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?