Sodhi wins bronze in ISSF Shooting World Cup
New Delhi: Ace Indian marksman Ronjan Sodhi
today clinched bronze medal in double trap at the ISSF
Shooting World Cup in Maribor, Slovenia.
Sodhi shot a series of 48, 49, 48 for a total of 145 in
the qualification, before compiling 49 in the finals to finish
on the podium.
Sodhi was tied for the second place but lost to China`s
Hu Binyuan in shoot-off in which the world number three Indian
shot one against two.
The Asian Games gold medallist Indian had already
qualified for the 2012 London Olympics on the basis of his
silver-winning feat in the Shotgun World Cup in Beijing in
Wilson Peter Robert Russell of he Great Britain won the
gold medal after he shot 195, while Hu Binyuan of China bagged
the silver with a total of 194.
Earlier on Saturday, Shagun Chowdhary of India missed an
Olympic quota place after finishing ninth in women`s trap
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ganga river crosses danger mark in UP, Bihar and West Bengal
- NDMC issues notices to President's Estate for mosquito breeding
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of loss caused by floods in India
- Sensex falls for second straight session, cracks below 28,000-mark
- NIA reveals why ISIS bigger threat to India than Pakistani terrorists - Read details
- How to prevent obesity, eating disorders in teenagers
- Flood situation in Bihar under control: CM Nitish Kumar
- Teenaged Dalit girl gang-raped in UP's Aligarh