Software & services exports revenue to grow just 4-7%: Nasscom
Chennai: After a dream run for years,
India`s export revenues from software and services industry is
expected to see just 4-7 per cent growth this fiscal and the
downturn is likely to continue till mid-2010, industry body
The software and services exports revenue may grow by 4-7
per cent in FY09, Nasscom Chairman Pramod Bhasin told
reporters here while pointing out that the software and
services industry has done remarkably well, despite the global
"While there are signs of (market) recovery, the industry
has performed well to the growth rate it had... in turbulent
times," Bhasin said.
Export revenues from the IT and BPO sector, he said,
may see 16.3 per cent growth from USD 40.4 billion in 2008 to
USD 46.3 billion in 2009.
Moreover, the core markets like banking and financial
services industry have started to stabilise and increased
investments are expected to yield results in the year ahead,
Business Process Outsourcing Sector growth would be led
by procurement outsourcing, analytics and also by the KPO.
Stating that this is one the worst recession that the
world has seen he said, "Opportunities exist in health care,
retail, education sectors."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- Lalu Yadav invites Jitan Ram Manjhi for joint fight against BJP, JD(U) upset
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 may not be announced today
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- WBBSE 10th Madhyamik Results 2015: West Bengal Board (wbbse.org & wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015 to be announced on May 22
- Don't know what will happen to my career, says Ranbir Kapoor
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Brilliant execution, superb performance!
- Osama files show an "Indian brother in Madinah” financed al Qaeda
- Manohar Parrikar meets troops at Siachen base camp