Soler out of danger after horror crash
London: Colombian Juan Mauricio Soler is out of danger after suffering severe head injuries in a crash in the Tour of Switzerland last week, his Movistar team said.
"His condition is no longer life-threatening. He has begun to make light movements and tests seem to rule out spinal injury," team doctor Alfredo Zuniga said.
"Now we have to see the evolution of possible neurological damage, a process in which we must be patient. Mauricio is still in the intensive care unit and he will stay there for several days."
Top level cycling was hit by two tragedies last month.
Belgium`s Wouter Weylandt died after a crash in the Giro d`Italia while Movistar`s Catalan rider Xavier Tondo was killed after an accident with a garage door.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- 15-year old girl stabbed to death in Mumbai
- DU Student Clash : Confrontation among students becomes sensitive, AISA to carry flag march today
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Muslims should be cremated, there's no space to bury 20 cr people: BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- Yogeshwar Dutt takes a dig at Javed Akhtar after being called 'a hardly literate wrestler'
- Gurmehar Kaur row: Girl who got 'Shiva stole' gift from PM Narendra Modi says she got rape threat from Congress politician