Soler out of danger after horror crash
London: Colombian Juan Mauricio Soler is out of danger after suffering severe head injuries in a crash in the Tour of Switzerland last week, his Movistar team said.
"His condition is no longer life-threatening. He has begun to make light movements and tests seem to rule out spinal injury," team doctor Alfredo Zuniga said.
"Now we have to see the evolution of possible neurological damage, a process in which we must be patient. Mauricio is still in the intensive care unit and he will stay there for several days."
Top level cycling was hit by two tragedies last month.
Belgium`s Wouter Weylandt died after a crash in the Giro d`Italia while Movistar`s Catalan rider Xavier Tondo was killed after an accident with a garage door.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- 'Dishoom' promotions: Catch Jacqueline Fernandez-John Abraham-Varun Dhawan on 'The Kapil Sharma Show'
- Indian aid worker kidnapped in Afghanistan released
- Turkey will adhere to democratic principles, rule of law: Deputy PM
- Hallmark, ISI Mark, BEE Label –Know which certification marks are important for products you buy
- Sonam Kapoor in awe of Anamika Khanna, stuns in beige drape- Pic you cannot miss!