Somdev-Huey end runners-up at Farmer`s Classic
Los Angeles (US): Somdev Devvarman will have to wait for his first career ATP title as he and Treat Conrad Huey lost the fiercely fought summit clash of the Farmer`s Classic to Mark Knowles of Bahamas and Xavier Malisse of Belgium.
The unseeded Indo-Philippine pair fought their hearts out but eventually lost the final 6-7 (3) 6-7 (10) to the third seed Bahams-Belgium pair in the USD 619,50 tournament.
It was for the first time that Somdev had reached the final of an ATP doubles event. He has made two singles final so far. He reached final of Chennai Open, his home event, in 2009 and in Johannesburg early this year.
Somdev and Huey pushed their experienced opponents to limit but could not get past them in the tie-breakers. Things could have been different had not squandered two break chances in the second set.
They split USD 18,000 prize money and earned 150 ranking points for their effort.
Somdev`s singles campaign had earlier ended with a 4-6 6-7 (7) first round defeat at the hands of Ryan Sweeting of the United States.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC elections results 2017: BJP to gain big amid neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena, reveals latest poll survey
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!