Somdev rises to 62nd place in ATP rankings
New Delhi: Indian tennis star Somdev Devvarman climbed six places in the latest ATP rankings to touch a career-best 62nd position in the singles list.
The 26-year-old, who took a break from the circuit after Wimbledon and was since then losing points, made it to the quarterfinals of last week`s Tour event in Atlanta, which helped him gain places.
In the ATP doubles ranking, there was no change in the positions of Mahesh Bhupathi (5), Leander Paes (8) and Rohan Bopanna (10).
The pair of Paes and Bhupathi is at number four in the team rankings, while Bopanna and Aisam-ul-haq Qureshi remained at number six.
In the WTA rankings, Sania Mirza jumped two places to be 62 in singles, while she maintained her 11th position in the doubles.
Sania`s team ranking with Russian Elena Vesnina is also intact at number two in race to year-end championship.
Sania-Elena pair have 4506 points in the list headed by Kveta Peschke and Katarina Srebotnik, who have 6865 points.
The top-four pairs compete in the prestigious year-end championship.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof