Somdev rises to 62nd place in ATP rankings
New Delhi: Indian tennis star Somdev Devvarman climbed six places in the latest ATP rankings to touch a career-best 62nd position in the singles list.
The 26-year-old, who took a break from the circuit after Wimbledon and was since then losing points, made it to the quarterfinals of last week`s Tour event in Atlanta, which helped him gain places.
In the ATP doubles ranking, there was no change in the positions of Mahesh Bhupathi (5), Leander Paes (8) and Rohan Bopanna (10).
The pair of Paes and Bhupathi is at number four in the team rankings, while Bopanna and Aisam-ul-haq Qureshi remained at number six.
In the WTA rankings, Sania Mirza jumped two places to be 62 in singles, while she maintained her 11th position in the doubles.
Sania`s team ranking with Russian Elena Vesnina is also intact at number two in race to year-end championship.
Sania-Elena pair have 4506 points in the list headed by Kveta Peschke and Katarina Srebotnik, who have 6865 points.
The top-four pairs compete in the prestigious year-end championship.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Panel discussion on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's hanging
- Shashi Tharoor condems Yakub Memon's hanging
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror