Somdev stunned at Zagreb Open
Zagreb (Croatia): Second seed Somdev Devvarman suffered a shock first round exit from the singles event of Zagreb Open, an ATP Challenger tournament, after losing in straight sets to local wild card Antonio Veic.
The world number 68 went down 3-6 2-6 to his rival, who is ranked as low as 232 in the ATP charts.
It was first meeting between the two players.
Somdev would now look to do well in the doubles event, for which he has paired with Swiss player Yves Allegro.
They will open their campaign against the German pair of Dustin Brown and Dominik Meffert.
It is Somdev`s third tournament in the clay court season, with his best so far coming at Serbia Open, where he reached the singles quarter-finals.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?