Somdev stunned at Zagreb Open
Zagreb (Croatia): Second seed Somdev Devvarman suffered a shock first round exit from the singles event of Zagreb Open, an ATP Challenger tournament, after losing in straight sets to local wild card Antonio Veic.
The world number 68 went down 3-6 2-6 to his rival, who is ranked as low as 232 in the ATP charts.
It was first meeting between the two players.
Somdev would now look to do well in the doubles event, for which he has paired with Swiss player Yves Allegro.
They will open their campaign against the German pair of Dustin Brown and Dominik Meffert.
It is Somdev`s third tournament in the clay court season, with his best so far coming at Serbia Open, where he reached the singles quarter-finals.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das