Somdev`s doubles campaign ends in France
New Delhi: After exiting from singles event, Indian ace Somdev Devvarman bowed out of the doubles competition of the ATP 250 tournament in Nice, France after suffering a straight sets defeat along with partner Ryan Sweeting.
The unseeded Indo-American pair lost 2-6, 2-6 to third seeds Frantisek Cermak of Czech Republic and Slovakian Filip Polasek in the first round of the euro 450,000 tournament.
Somdev and Ryan squandered two break chances in each of the sets and lost the clay court battle after 57 minutes.
Somdev had lost to local player Adrian Mannarino in the first round of the singles event.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Are educational institutions becoming a tool to showcase anti-national agendas?
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Maharajganj
- 15-year old girl stabbed to death in Mumbai
- DU Student Clash : Confrontation among students becomes sensitive, AISA to carry flag march today
- DNA: Post demonetisation, India records 7% GDP growth rate in Q3
- Gurmehar Kaur row: Girl who got 'Shiva stole' gift from PM Narendra Modi says she got rape threat from Congress politician
- Muslims should be cremated, there's no space to bury 20 cr people: BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj
- Yogeshwar Dutt takes a dig at Javed Akhtar after being called 'a hardly literate wrestler'
- Gurmehar-ABVP ruckus: Virender Sehwag represents BCCI not India, says Umar Khalid
- No AC, mattress for Sasikala in prison, confirms DIG; may not be shifted to Chennai jail