Somdev`s doubles campaign ends in France
New Delhi: After exiting from singles event, Indian ace Somdev Devvarman bowed out of the doubles competition of the ATP 250 tournament in Nice, France after suffering a straight sets defeat along with partner Ryan Sweeting.
The unseeded Indo-American pair lost 2-6, 2-6 to third seeds Frantisek Cermak of Czech Republic and Slovakian Filip Polasek in the first round of the euro 450,000 tournament.
Somdev and Ryan squandered two break chances in each of the sets and lost the clay court battle after 57 minutes.
Somdev had lost to local player Adrian Mannarino in the first round of the singles event.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued