Sonia cannot see what is visible to open eyes: Jaitley
Ahmedabad: Criticising Congress president Sonia Gandhi over her remark that the BJP government`s claims about development in Gujarat were "hollow and false", Leader of Opposition in Rajya Sabha Arun Jaitely on Saturday said signs of growth are clearly visible in the state.
"What is visible to open eyes is not visible to her," Jaitely said on development in the state.
"During her earlier visit to the state, the Congress president had said that development in the state is not only due to BJP, but earlier, Congress government had also contributed to it," the BJP leader said.
"Now this time she has completely changed her stand by saying that development is not visible here," he added.
He was replying to Gandhi`s allegations that the BJP government`s claims about development were nowhere to be seen in the state and its promises were "hollow and false".
"The development, which was promised in a big way is nowhere to be seen in this tribal land...Because what they promised is hollow and false," Gandhi had said yesterday addressing a poll rally in Mandvi, Surat district.
The Congress chief had said, "They (Modi and BJP) have no interest in the poor and common people and are only interested in their own development and that of a select few."
Jaitley said, "In 2002 and 2007 the Congress had run a personalised campaign against Modi, but his time they appear to be in two minds on their campaign. For a decade their strategy was different. But Modi is a reality here."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Kapil Sharma renews contract, his latest fee will make your jaw drop!