Sonia to review Central schemes` non-implementation in UP
Rae Bareli: Amid complaints that benefits of
Central schemes were not reaching the deprived sections in
Uttar Pradesh, Congress president Sonia Gandhi is likely to
pay unscheduled visits to some villages in her constituency to
assess the implementation of flagship programmes like NREGA.
Gandhi, who had visited some dalit houses in her Rae
Bareli Lok Sabha constituency yesterday to get a first-hand
feel of their problems, and her son Rahul have often accused
the Mayawati government of not effectively implementing
Central schemes for the poor.
On the second day of her three-day visit to her
constituency, Gandhi met party workers here to assess ground
realities on the implementation of Central schemes in the
state and chalk out a political programme.
Party workers from the constituency and the nearby areas
came to meet Gandhi at her camp office at the Guest House of
the Sanjay Gandhi Hospital here.
After meeting Gandhi, party workers said they apprised
her of their problems and the state government`s
"indifference" towards these.
"The benefits of the Central schemes are not reaching
here," a party worker complained.
Gandhi also inaugurated the newly constructed building of
Rajiv Gandhi Boy`s hostel in the Feroze Gandhi Institute of
Engineering and Technology and took part in a havan (ritual)
before inaugurating the hostel.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!