Sonia to review Central schemes` non-implementation in UP
Rae Bareli: Amid complaints that benefits of
Central schemes were not reaching the deprived sections in
Uttar Pradesh, Congress president Sonia Gandhi is likely to
pay unscheduled visits to some villages in her constituency to
assess the implementation of flagship programmes like NREGA.
Gandhi, who had visited some dalit houses in her Rae
Bareli Lok Sabha constituency yesterday to get a first-hand
feel of their problems, and her son Rahul have often accused
the Mayawati government of not effectively implementing
Central schemes for the poor.
On the second day of her three-day visit to her
constituency, Gandhi met party workers here to assess ground
realities on the implementation of Central schemes in the
state and chalk out a political programme.
Party workers from the constituency and the nearby areas
came to meet Gandhi at her camp office at the Guest House of
the Sanjay Gandhi Hospital here.
After meeting Gandhi, party workers said they apprised
her of their problems and the state government`s
"indifference" towards these.
"The benefits of the Central schemes are not reaching
here," a party worker complained.
Gandhi also inaugurated the newly constructed building of
Rajiv Gandhi Boy`s hostel in the Feroze Gandhi Institute of
Engineering and Technology and took part in a havan (ritual)
before inaugurating the hostel.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’