Sonia to review Central schemes` non-implementation in UP
Rae Bareli: Amid complaints that benefits of
Central schemes were not reaching the deprived sections in
Uttar Pradesh, Congress president Sonia Gandhi is likely to
pay unscheduled visits to some villages in her constituency to
assess the implementation of flagship programmes like NREGA.
Gandhi, who had visited some dalit houses in her Rae
Bareli Lok Sabha constituency yesterday to get a first-hand
feel of their problems, and her son Rahul have often accused
the Mayawati government of not effectively implementing
Central schemes for the poor.
On the second day of her three-day visit to her
constituency, Gandhi met party workers here to assess ground
realities on the implementation of Central schemes in the
state and chalk out a political programme.
Party workers from the constituency and the nearby areas
came to meet Gandhi at her camp office at the Guest House of
the Sanjay Gandhi Hospital here.
After meeting Gandhi, party workers said they apprised
her of their problems and the state government`s
"indifference" towards these.
"The benefits of the Central schemes are not reaching
here," a party worker complained.
Gandhi also inaugurated the newly constructed building of
Rajiv Gandhi Boy`s hostel in the Feroze Gandhi Institute of
Engineering and Technology and took part in a havan (ritual)
before inaugurating the hostel.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why