Sony PlayStation Vita sale set for Dec 17
Tokyo: Sony`s upgraded portable video game machine PlayStation Vita is going on sale in Japan on Dec. 17 with 26-game software going on sale on the same date.
Hiroshi Kawano, head of Sony Corp.`s gaming unit, Sony Computer Entertainment, announced the sales date Wednesday at an event in Tokyo.
Sony has already said the machine won`t be ready in the U.S. or Europe until next year. The company says the overseas sales dates and other details are undecided.
Kawano acknowledged some are viewing the gaming business as lagging and running low on energy lately.
But he expressed determination to revive growth through the new product, which offers 3G cellphone and WiFi connectivity and high quality imagery on its screen.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Came to Mumbai from Pakistan to select 26/11 attack sites, David Headley tells Mumbai court
- 'Afzal Guru amar rahe', 'Kashmir lekar rahenge' slogans raised at Press Club of India
- Virat Kohli: Amid break-up rumors, cricketer spends time with most beautiful woman