Soon, gay and lesbian guards to protect Queen!
London: Soon, gay, lesbian, bisexual and
transgender guards would protect the British Queen, according
to an advertisement by the Scotland Yard.
The recruitment notice by the Scotland Yard says it
is looking for armed officers from all backgrounds to deliver
"residential protection" through a combination of fixed posts
and mobile patrols.
"Successful officers can expect to work at London
palaces or Windsor Castle and officers are required to
¬perform tours of duty in Scotland.
"Applications are particularly ¬welcomed from women,
lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and black and minority
ethnic communities/people as these are under-represented
within SO14 (Royalty Protection Branch). Selection will be
based solely upon merit," the advertisement reads.
Successful candidates will have to be "currently
or previously firearms trained" and will be expected to work
12-hour shifts. SO14 believes there will be about 30 vacancies
by the closing date for applications next month, the `Daily
Scotland Yard said: "We want to recruit the
best people from London`s many different communities. This
includes ensuring that this diversity is reflected across the
Metropolitan Police in units where particular groups are
But, Philip Davies, Tory MP for Shipley, West Yorks,
said: "I don`t know whether the Royal Family are going to feel
that much safer knowing there`s transgender outside protecting
them. This is absolutely ludicrous."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Maharajganj
- Are educational institutions becoming a tool to showcase anti-national agendas?
- 15-year old girl stabbed to death in Mumbai
- DU Student Clash : Confrontation among students becomes sensitive, AISA to carry flag march today
- DNA: Post demonetisation, India records 7% GDP growth rate in Q3
- Gurmehar Kaur row: Girl who got 'Shiva stole' gift from PM Narendra Modi says she got rape threat from Congress politician
- Muslims should be cremated, there's no space to bury 20 cr people: BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj
- Yogeshwar Dutt takes a dig at Javed Akhtar after being called 'a hardly literate wrestler'
- Gurmehar-ABVP ruckus: Virender Sehwag represents BCCI not India, says Umar Khalid
- No AC, mattress for Sasikala in prison, confirms DIG; may not be shifted to Chennai jail