Soon, gay and lesbian guards to protect Queen!
London: Soon, gay, lesbian, bisexual and
transgender guards would protect the British Queen, according
to an advertisement by the Scotland Yard.
The recruitment notice by the Scotland Yard says it
is looking for armed officers from all backgrounds to deliver
"residential protection" through a combination of fixed posts
and mobile patrols.
"Successful officers can expect to work at London
palaces or Windsor Castle and officers are required to
¬perform tours of duty in Scotland.
"Applications are particularly ¬welcomed from women,
lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and black and minority
ethnic communities/people as these are under-represented
within SO14 (Royalty Protection Branch). Selection will be
based solely upon merit," the advertisement reads.
Successful candidates will have to be "currently
or previously firearms trained" and will be expected to work
12-hour shifts. SO14 believes there will be about 30 vacancies
by the closing date for applications next month, the `Daily
Scotland Yard said: "We want to recruit the
best people from London`s many different communities. This
includes ensuring that this diversity is reflected across the
Metropolitan Police in units where particular groups are
But, Philip Davies, Tory MP for Shipley, West Yorks,
said: "I don`t know whether the Royal Family are going to feel
that much safer knowing there`s transgender outside protecting
them. This is absolutely ludicrous."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- No bomb found on Turkish Airlines flight which made emergency landing in Delhi