Soon, phones that let you feel your lover’s kiss
London: Ever imagined yourself sharing a kiss with your own phone? Well, now with the development of a series of phone prototypes, that could be a possibility.
Fabian Hemmert, a design researcher at the Berlin University of the Arts, Germany, came up with the phone prototypes that can transmit grasping, breathing and even kissing.
“Mobile phones use so little of our sensory abilities. They are great for information exchange - text, video, and speech - but they provide no feeling of nearness,” New Scientist quoted him as saying.
The grasping prototype includes force sensors on the phone’s sides and a strap, which the user places over their hand, so that when one person grips their phone it sends a signal to a motor in the other phone that pulls the strap tighter.
The breathing prototype similarly transmits air movement, with a pressure sensor on one side and a jet on the other.
Perhaps the most extreme prototype is the kissing phone, which consists of a moisture sensor on the sender’s phone and a motorised wet sponge that pushes against a semi-permeable membrane on the receiver’s phone.
The extent to which the sponge moves depends on the wetness of the sender’s kiss, letting you distinguish between a peck on the cheek and full-on slobber.
“It starts the discussion about how we actually want to communicate in the future,” he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- Mathura rally: PM Modi's ten power-packed dialogues
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced on May 28
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- UBSE Results 2015 (ubse.uk.gov.in): Uttarakhand 12th Result 2015 to be announced today at 11 AM
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow